Effective Date: July 1, 2021
Afaxys Marketplace, LLC (“Marketplace” or “We”) values privacy. In this Privacy Notice (“Notice”), we describe how we collect, use, and disclose information that we obtain about users of our Services which are available through the Marketplace Platform (collectively, the “Services”), and how we use and disclose that information. The Marketplace Platform is a business-to-business private portal which can only be used by registered Participants. Separate privacy policies are available to users of our other websites, Afaxys; Afaxys Pharma; and Afaxys Group Services.
What Information Do We Collect and Why?
We may collect information about Participants and their authorized users directly from authorized users and from third parties, as well as automatically through the use of our Services through the Marketplace Platform. The information we collect can be summarized as follows:
|Type of Information||Purpose/Use of Information||Sources Collected from|
|Name, billing and shipping information, email address, user name||To provide our services, respond to your inquiries, and other customer service purposes
For marketing or promotional purposes, including to send you news or newsletters, special offers or promotions, or connect you with products or information we believe may interest you.
|Directly from users at registration|
|License information, 340B HRSA, accreditation/GPO, other membership and use authorizations and/or qualifications||To verify that you meet the regulatory requirements to purchase and distribute the offered products||Directly from users at registration|
|Information about the use of the Platform or Services, including IP address, length of visit, referring URL, browser type, device ID, page views, geolocation, etc.||To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, Marketplace offers, functions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Marketplace Platform or our Services
To better understand how users access and use the Marketplace Platform and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve the Marketplace Platform and Services, functions and respond to user desires and preferences, Marketplace Supplier and offering assessment and negotiations, and for other commercial, research and analytical purposes.
To assist us in advertising our Services on third-party websites
|Cookies, web beacons, and other, similar technologies|
|Your Transaction History and those of any other authorized users of your organization||For marketing or promotional purposes, including to send you news or newsletters, special offers or promotions, or connect you with products or information we believe may interest you.
To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, Marketplace offers, functions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Marketplace Platform or our Services
To assist us in advertising our Services on third-party websites
To administer any Supplier or Patient loyalty or rating programs.
|By administering transactions|
- Marketplace Suppliers. Your username and any information that you post to our websites, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all users of our websites.
- Buyers. We provide buyers and suppliers with information that is reasonably necessary for buyers to communicate with suppliers regarding the purchase and shipment of products purchased from supplier and any issues that may arise in connection with their purchase.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your information will be subject to this Notice.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, such as information management vendors, our webhosting company, and legal or accounting advisors.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or other commercial purposes. We do not sell still-identifiable personal information about our customers to third parties for their own independent use.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we place on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies make it easier for you to navigate our websites, while others enable a faster log-in process or track your activities on our websites. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in as applicable.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We may use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our websites and on third-party sites.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to the Marketplace Platform who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Marketplace Platform, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our websites to, among other things, track the activities of visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about website usage. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Do Not Track Disclosure
We may track your activities once you leave our websites. While there is still no universally accepted standard regarding tracking, our websites do respond to certain Do Not Track signals (e.g. the Mozilla Firefox Do Not Track feature), but in some cases it may not be able to restrict tracking. You may also disable certain tracking as discussed above (e.g., by disabling cookies). For more information about tracking, please click here.
User Generated Content
If you post content to our websites, all of the information that you post may be available to other visitors or users of the websites.
Our websites may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Notice, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect data from children under 13. If you discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, please inform us at the contact information below and we will delete it from our systems.
Special Information for California Consumers
California residents have a number of data rights authorized by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). These rights are:
- The right to receive information about the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources we have received it from, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling it, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information, and the specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
- The right to obligate us to delete the personal information we have collected about you excluding that collected in a limited set of circumstances, such as research studies and the minimum necessary for legal compliance.
- The right to obligate us to correct errors in the personal information we have about you.
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. Since we do not sell your personal information, this right is moot.
You may make two requests per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may exercise any of these rights contacting us in writing at: email@example.com. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity by providing us with supporting information before fulfilling your request. Please allow up to forty-five (45) days for the completion of your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising these data rights. To the greatest extent possible, we will provide you with the same quality of service at the same price after exercising these rights. Please note that we may not be able to offer you services that depend upon having a history of your transactions with us, or similar personal information, if you exercise your right to delete your personal information.
If you have questions about this Notice or other privacy matters, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at: Attn: Legal Department, PO Box 20515, Charleston, SC. 29413..
Changes to this Notice
This Notice is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Notice from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. If we make any changes to this Notice that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our website.